Weekend mornings mean breakfast. Without a decent breakfast (and coffee) I am an absolute zombie until about 1:00 pm. My favorite breakfasts (besides eggs benedict, which is a SPECIAL OCCASION THING, or at least, I tell myself that) consist of yogurt, seeds, berries, smoothies, and peanut butter (thrown in no matter what so I can get by until lunch).
Here’s one of my FAVORITE breakfasts, it’ll go perfect with any of your favorite fruits, nuts and seeds because of the wonderful base: acai.
I know I go on and on about this stuff, but it’s like super easy to prepare and even easier to eat. Here’s what you’ll need to make this Power Breakfast Bowl.
- 1 packet Acai (found at most natural grocery stores, they usually come in a box with multiple packets)
- 1 c almond milk (you can also sub coconut milk, juice, etc.)
- 1/2 to 3/4 c your favorite seeds, nuts and/or granola
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 c frozen berries
- 1/2 c berries to top your bowl with
Run warm water over the Acai packet to melt the contents slightly, add to blender along with your almond milk, frozen berries, and peanut butter. Blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl and top with your favorites!
Going along with all the body-helping that your acai bowl will be doing for you, why not satisfy your skin too? These are great scrubs to help you get down to exfoliating and maintaining that smooth skin that we all obsess over.
DIY Lip Scrub
- 1 tbsp Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline)
- 1 tbsp Granulated White Sugar
- ¼ tsp Water
Mix Ingredients together. To use, apply directly on lips when needed and rub in to exfoliate dry lips. Once exfoliated, rinse lips with warm water to wash excess off.
DIY Body Scrub
- 1 cup Sunflower Oil (You can substitute with vegetable oil, but I prefer sunflower best)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- A few drops of your favorite essential oil or extract, I used lavender essential oil by NOW
Combine ingredients and store in a sealed jar–I keep my scrubs in mason jars–keeps for longer. To use, rub a small amount into skin to exfoliate and rinse with warm water to get rid of the excess.
TREAT YO SELF!