HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!
If you’re like me, you love a drinky drank on the weekends (like, every hour on the hour?) I also LOVE sweets! So, here is a compiled list of sweet treats you can make with a surprise weekend twist to them!
Total Time: 40 minutes
• 1 (5 ounce) can of evaporated milk
• 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
• ½ cup Brandy (or Rum)
• 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla wafers, crushed VERY fine
• 2 cups crushed walnuts
• 1 cup confectioners sugar for rolling
• In the microwave or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt evaporated milk and chocolate chips, stirring frequently until smooth.
• Remove from heat and stir in the crushed vanilla wafers and brandy until well blended.
• Roll the dough into small balls and roll the balls in chopped walnuts, then in confectioners’ sugar.
Store covered in the refrigerator.
Following this recipe gives you 5 dozen servings.
Pina Colada Cupcakes
This one takes a little bit of time to make…
• ¹/³ cup coconut rum (or any rum you have on hand)
• ¾ cup coconut milk
• ¼ cup pineapple juice
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
• 1 cup + 3 tablespoons sugar
• 3 large eggs
• 1 cup shredded baker’s coconut (check out my post on how to make homemade baker’s coconut)
• 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting*:
• 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
• ¼ cups unsalted butter, room temperature
• 2 cups powdered sugar
• 3 tbsp coconut cream
• In a small bowl, combine rum, coconut milk, pineapple juice, and vanilla. Set aside.
• In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
• In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
• Add eggs to the sugar mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition.
• Alternately add the flour mixture and the rum mixture, beating well after each addition.
• Fold in the coconut and pineapple.
• Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
• Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when lightly touched.
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting Instructions:
• Mix cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
• Mix in powdered sugar a little bit at a time.
• Mix in coconut cream.
• Pipe or spread on cupcakes.
*For the frosting, double the ingredients if you like frosting.
Following this recipe gives you 18 cupcakes.
Cookies & Cream Pudding Shots
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
• 1 (4.2 oz) box cookies n’ cream flavor instant pudding
• ¾ cups Milk
• ¼ cups Vodka
• ½ cups White Chocolate Liqueur
• 1 cups whipped topping (Plus more for garnish, if desired)
• Pour pudding mix and milk into a bowl and stir until well blended.
• Stir in vodka and liqueur.
• Fold in whipped topping.
• Pour into individual serving containers.
• Chill for at least an hour.
• Immediately before serving, garnish with whipped topping and a mini cookie, if desired.
Following this recipe gives you 10 servings.
Total Time: 8 minutes
• 0.83 lb. Condensed Milk
• 3 ½ cups of Chocolate Chips
• ¹/³ cups of Baileys Irish Cream
• Line a 12×6 bar pan or slice pan with baking paper.
• Heat the condensed milk carefully.
• Melt the chocolate in a microwave 30 second bursts, stirring after each burst so it doesn’t burn. Add to the condensed milk and then mix in Baileys.
• Pour into your lined bar pan and set–leave to cool at room temp or if very warm were you live pop into the fridge to set.
Cut into pieces and watch it disappear!
Following this recipe gives you around 50 servings!
Enjoy these sweet treats and let me know how you like them, or if you’d do something different!